Traditional braces helped millions of people straighten their teeth for more than a hundred years. In fact, it was almost a rite of passage to go through the brace-face stage of life. With the invention of Invisalign® clear aligners, you can get the same results only faster and avoid the metal-mouth stigma.
At Perfect Smiles Dentistry, we offer Invisalign clear aligners to all our patients who are good candidates for this convenient tooth straightening system. The aligners are perfect if you have too much or not enough space between your teeth and even crooked or rotated teeth, depending on the severity.
And depending on your situation, we may even recommend Invisalign if you once wore braces but now your teeth have shifted back out of alignment.
Where you get your Invisalign clear braces matters
One of the best things about Invisalign clear braces is the sheer simplicity. But don’t be fooled by outward appearances. It took some seriously advanced technology to make those little clear trays possible.
When you choose a provider to partner with during your Invisalign journey, make sure it’s someone who’s highly trained in the nuances of tooth movement and who can diagnose and treat with precision and accuracy. You can trust Kavitha Gowda, DDS, and our expert team to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
Dr. Gowda values your time and makes sure your personalized treatment plan is efficient and convenient. She also respects your opinions, questions, and concerns. She understands that your circumstances are unique and always keeps that in mind when helping you achieve your oral health and aesthetic goals.
If one of your goals includes Invisalign clear braces, here are a few things Dr. Gowda wants you to know as you begin your treatment.
Taking care of your Invisalign trays
Unlike metal braces, which require constant adjusting and meticulous cleaning, Invisalign clear aligner trays are fairly low maintenance. But that doesn’t mean you can ignore them altogether. Keep these checklists handy until the guidelines become a habit, and you’ll enjoy your Invisalign experience from beginning to end.
Here’s what you should do:
- Remove your Invisalign trays before you eat
- Rinse off your Invisalign trays each time you remove them
- Use lukewarm water only
- Use only your fingers to remove and replace your trays
- Brush and floss your teeth after eating and before replacing your trays
- Brush your trays with a soft-bristled brush and a gentle touch
- Soak your trays in the Invisalign solution
- Check for cracks, chips, or discoloration regularly
Here’s what you shouldn’t do:
- Use a utensil or tool to pop your trays out of your mouth
- Use toothpaste to brush your aligners
- Eat or drink anything but water while wearing your trays
- Clamp or bite down to set them in place
- Rinse them in hot water — it can warp them
- Rinse them in frigid water — it can make them brittle
- Soak them in mouthwash or denture cleaner
These simple rules ensure that your trays will serve you well for the duration of your treatment. When you’re ready to give Invisalign a try, call us for a consultation or book an appointment online.