Have you lost some or all of your natural teeth? If the answer is yes, you might be a good candidate for dentures. Modern dentures are designed to look just like your natural teeth and can restore your smile and improve your quality of life!
What are Dentures?
Dentures, also known as false teeth, are prosthetic devices constructed to replace missing teeth. They are supported by the surrounding soft and hard tissues of the oral cavity.
Dentures can be of several types:
- Removable partial dentures – perfect solution for patients missing some but not all of their natural teeth
- Fixed partial dentures (permanent bridges) –dentures, made from crowns that are fitted on natural teeth to look just like your real teeth
- Complete or full dentures – perfect solution for patients who are missing all of their natural teeth
- Implant supported dentures – dentures that are stabilized by dental implants
How are Dentures made?
The denture development process usually takes several appointments. Your Everett dentist will first determine what type of appliance is best for you. Afterwards, the following steps will follow:
- Elaboration on series of impressions of your jaw and measurements of how your jaws relate to one another
- Creation of models, wax forms, and/or plastic patterns in the exact shape and position of the denture to be made. You will try on this model several times to be sure it fits before the final denture is cast.
- Cast of the final denture
- Necessary adjustments if needed
Benefits of Dentures
The main benefits of dentures include:
- Prevent facial muscles from sagging
- Restore your ability to eat and speak
- Long-lasting solution (with proper care)
- Properly-fitted dentures do not cause soreness or irritation
- Modern dentures look very natural and can improve your self-confidence and quality of life
Modern dentures can really enhance your smile and improve your quality of life. If you are the candidate for dentures and you live or work in Everett, WA, you can rely on Dr. Kavitha Gowda from Perfect Smiles Dentistry, who will help you choose the best dental restoration solution for your needs.
Interesting facts about Dentures
Do you know who is the most famous person with dentures? Ben Affleck maybe tops the list. Before getting implants,
Affleck was rumored to wear a full set of dentures.
Among celebrities with dentures is also the famous Gone with the Wind actor Clark Gable, who had a terrible gum infection and wore dentures by age 32.
Among famous people, who wore dentures are also George Washington, Winston Churchill, and Ed McMahon.