Restore Your Missing Teeth with Dental Implants
If you have lost a tooth to tooth decay or have several missing teeth, you must seek out a tooth replacement procedure as soon as possible. Even if the missing teeth are in the back of your mouth, other teeth may be impacted by the missing tooth and the bone under the area will start to break down because of lack of stimulation. Dental implants are a viable solution for replacing missing teeth and are a permanent way to restore your smile.
Should I Get Dental Implants?
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider dental implants:
- You are missing one or more teeth
- You have had teeth extracted
- You need a permanent solution to replace missing teeth
- You want to maintain a youthful smile and appearance
- You want to improve your self-image and self-confidence
What Are Dental Implants And How Are They Placed?
Dental implants are designed to function just like your real teeth. A titanium screw is bonded to your bone and a perfectly fitting crown extends from the screw implant. When it is complete the implant resembles a real tooth. They can be placed in the upper or lower jaw bone after models of the mount are made and X-rays are taken to determine the placement locations.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Look and feel just like your real teeth
- Restores ability to speak and chew food properly
- Can last up to a lifetime
- Stimulate the bone just like your real teeth to prevent deterioration
- No loose parts
- Stable structure since they are fused to the jaw bone
- Helps to improve and maintain the natural beauty of your smile
- Helps maintain size and tone of the facial muscles
- Can improve your self-confidence when smiling
Dental implants can improve your life in many ways and are the best solution for patients that are looking for a permanent tooth replacement procedure. In some cases, we may recommend implant supported dentures which involve placing a set of implants around the mouth to support an open palate denture or other type of denture. We can discuss different options during your consultation.